East of England Screening Hub
This is a fully funded NHS initiative to use text messaging technology to send out reminders to patients invited for Cervical Screening in order to increase coverage as an addition to current services.
Cervical Cancer Screening Programme
- CSAS will identify women who are due their cervical screening and send the patients a letter. Following the letter iPLATO healthcare will send an SMS. Women who have been identified as eligible will be sent a text message reminder to ask them to book an appointment.
- The SMS Programme will be an extension to the existing programmes, of sending letters to patients.
- The text message is as follows:
<GP SURGERY NAME>: You are now due your cervical screening. Please call <GP number> to book. Screening saves lives. More info here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening.
Data Processing and Data Sharing Summary
- A live connection to the practice clinical system needs to be established to facilitate this programme.
- If a new connection is required, iPLATO (text messaging and call provider), will be in contact with the practice following sign up. This will only take 5-10 minutes over the phone.
- iPLATO will facilitate the ongoing extraction of client demographic data via the practice clinical system phonebook, the data will be minimised, so data is e.
- All data is processed within the N3 network.
- For the Cervical Screening Programme, CSAS will send a reports securely to iPLATO with NHS Numbers only for women that meet the eligibility criteria.
- Only eligible clients in the Screening Programme will be contacted.
- iPLATO Healthcare acts as a data processor for the service.