Frequently Asked Questions
The wording of the text message will be constructed by Yorksure Team. See below for the wording:
- [Practice Name]: You are eligible to participate in a Bladder Health Check research study. You will receive a letter and urine self-testing kit in the post with further details in the next week. Please follow the instructions to record your results. For more information, please visit https://mygp.me/yorksure
- iPLATO Healthcare will provide the participating practice with a built search.
- The practice will be asked to run the search, and then send the results of this search to iPLATO Healthcare's Secure NHS-Mail email@example.com.
- iPLATO Healthcare will connect to the consenting practices phone book via a secure HCSN network and send an SMS message to all consenting patients registered at the practice informing them of the YORKSURe trial.
- iPlato Healthcare will then securely send the search results to KCL via a secure file transfer network in order that KCL can arrange for a home testing kit to be sent to the participant.
If there are any issues or queries, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3743 0060 and ask for the Population Health Team.
If you have questions about the YORKSURe trial please contact the YORKSURe trial team at email@example.com
There is absolutely no charge for the service as this is a fully funded project. The practice does not incur any charge for text messaging or set up.
This service does not affect any of your current messaging services and runs independently to this.
Up to 500 patients who are eligible from your practice who have consented to receiving SMS will receive a text message.
Yes, installation is completed remotely. This will only apply to practices who do not have existing iPLATO services.
As there is no “accreditation” of GDPR compliance, we can only advise that we have worked with our legal specialists, Data Protection Officer, and NHS England to ensure that iPLATO Healthcare are 100% GDPR compliant in line with legislation.
iPLATO meets all requirements for Data Protection and DS&P (Information Governance) and is trusted by customers across the UK to handle, securely 21.5 million clients.
Please see below the Data Sharing Agreements, Data Processing Agreement and Terms in place:
The YORKSURe team have support from the Health Research Authority (via the Confidentiality Advisory Group) to allow contact with registered patients without prior consent. This is called section 251 support. The legal basis to allow this processing of data is ‘public interest’.
Any patient who has not consented to receive SMS messages, or who has registered a National Data Opt Out via NHS Digital, will not be contacted.