North Central London - NHS Diabetes (SMS & Letter) Prevention Programme
This is a fully funded initiative using text messaging technology in order to provide patients with diabetes advice.
To participate in the NHS North Central London National Diabetes (SMS & Letter) Programme, please click on the ‘Participate’ button below to access the online consent form.
For queries please contact email@example.com
NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
- iPlato Healthcare will be sending text messages & letters to consenting high-risk patients that are eligible and registered at practices across NHS North Central London. For this project, high-risk patients are classified as those eligible for the programme who have a diagnosed long-term condition (hypertension, chronic kidney disease, CHD or COPD).
- iPLATO Healthcare will connect with GP clinical systems of the participating practices and send a one-off text message and letter to each eligible patient. The letter will contain details about the NDPP programme. A reminder SMS will then be sent prompting the patient to self-refer.
- This SMS & Letter Programme will be in addition to any existing programmes. Please note that, upon sign up, no further interaction will be required by GP Practices.
Data Processing and Data Sharing Summary
- iPLATO will facilitate the ongoing extraction of client demographic data via the practice clinical system phonebook, for which the data will be minimised as far as possible.
- All data is processed within the HSCN network.
- The CSU/Business Intelligence team will provide iPLATO with a list of identified eligible patients on behalf of the consenting practices via a secure means of data transfer.
- Only patients who have consented to receive SMS will be contacted.
- iPLATO Healthcare acts as a data processor for this service.