Our Future Health Practice Enrolment
Working in partnership with the NHS
Our Future Health is working in partnership with the NHS to create the UK’s largest ever health research programme. Its goal is to transform the prevention, detection and treatment of conditions such as dementia, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, so future generations can live in good health for longer.
The revolutionary research programme is bringing together five million people from across the UK. By creating an incredibly detailed picture of the nation’s health, Our Future Health may hold the key to huge numbers of discoveries, such as new ways to detect diseases early, new ways to predict with better accuracy who is at higher risk of diseases, and more targeted or personalised treatments.
Everyone over the age of 18 in the UK can volunteer.
To enrol your practice for the fully-funded programme, click the Register Now button.
"The registration process was simple and wasn't too long to complete either, it took around 5 to 10 minutes. The appeal for us was to show support for the Our Future Health project which looks set to make a difference in the future of many people. By registering, we have given our patients the opportunity to take part and are pleased to see a great click-through response rate.”
Dr Shah from Balham Park Surgery, South West London
Patient Engagement Campaign
Our Future Health is working with iPLATO to invite patients to take part in the programme. We request your consent to invite your patients.
If you consent, iPLATO will send an SMS text message to patients within your practice. This will be a short GP-endorsed SMS text message from “NHS-NoReply” inviting the patient to participate in Our Future Health with a link to sign-up.
All data will be stored and managed securely and to the highest professional standards, in compliance with data protection laws.
If a patient chooses to participate in the Our Future Health research programme, they will be asked to:
- answer an online questionnaire
- give permission to securely link to their health records
- book an appointment at one of the local clinics to provide a blood sample and have some physical measurements taken (including blood pressure, pulse rate, height, and weight).
- Some patients may also be invited to have a finger-prick blood test to check their cholesterol and blood sugar.
You can read the Our Future Health Protocol Research Programme by following this link Protocol-v3.3-with-appendices.pdf
Data Processing and Data Sharing Summary
- iPLATO will facilitate the ongoing extraction of client demographic data via the practice clinical system phonebook, for which the data will be minimised as far as possible.
- All data is processed within the HSCN network.
- Only patients who have consented to receive SMS will be contacted.
- iPLATO Healthcare acts as a data processor for this service.
We have put together FAQs on the patient engagement campaign and the Our Future Health programme. For other queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.