Southwark NHS Health Checks Programme
As per Public Health England, Local Government is mandated to ensure residents aged 40-74, who do not have pre-existing CVD or Type 2 Diabetes, are eligible for an NHS Health Check once every five years. This check includes a risk assessment to detect early signs of cardiovascular disease (CVD), type 2 diabetes (T2DM), kidney disease, stroke and dementia. The completed assessment offers a risk score, feedback on results as well as advice, support, and onward referral to services (clinical follow up or behavioural support).
Southwark has developed a digital version of the NHS Health Check, enabling residents to have their risk of CVD and Type 2 Diabetes assessed and access support without having to visit a GP surgery.
This is a fully funded initiative. A tool has been commissioned allowing a unique link to be generated using the eligible patient postcode, surname, DOB, NHS number, GP Surgery. An invitation message with the personalised link will then be sent via SMS to the eligible cohort; residents can then complete the risk assessment via their link, see their results, and explore support available all through the online tool. Results will be automatically sent to Quay Health Solutions CIC, and they will upload citizen results to EMIS using an Ardens template, and communicate with surgeries about clinical follow up recommendations.
To participate in the Southwark NHS Health Check SMS Programme, please click on the ‘Sign Up Here’ button below to access the online form.
For queries please contact email@example.com
Southwark NHS Health Checks ProgrammeFAQs
As part of the programme:
- iPlato Healthcare will be sending text messages to all eligible, consenting patients registered at participating practices.
- The text message will contain a unique URL which provides access to a digital version of the NHS Health Check. There will also be an option to contact the practice to book a face-to-face appointment to complete the Health Check.
- The results will be sent to the respective practice upon completion.
- This SMS Programme will be in addition to any existing programmes. Please note that, upon sign up, no further interaction will be required by GP Practices.
The myGP Population Health Service
The myGP Population Health Team at iPLATO have supported several health campaigns and trials in collaboration with NHS England, Public Health England, Universities, cancer networks and clinical commissioning groups to improve population engagement, increase uptake of screening as well as advocate disease prevention and wellbeing services.
Data Processing and Data Sharing Summary
- iPLATO will facilitate the ongoing extraction of client demographic data via the practice clinical system phonebook, for which the data will be minimised as far as possible.
- All data is processed within the HSCN network.
- Only patients who have consented to receive SMS will be contacted.
- iPLATO Healthcare acts as a data processor for this service.